Potters® has been in business for more than 100 years and currently recycles over 1 billion pounds of glass per year for the use of highway safety marking glass beads, metal finishing beads for cleaning and strengthening metals, glass media for grinding and dispersing, glass microspheres for friction and weight reduction in oil drilling applications and metal-coated particles to provide electromagnetic shielding interference of electronic parts.
Potters works closely with customers to provide value-added performance additives that uniquely improve customer formulations by lowering cost and increasing performance.
Our hollow and solid microsphere brands serve as functional additives in industrial applications such as weight-reducing fillers in plastics and polymers, automotive body putties as extenders in adhesives and paints/coating formulations, sensitizers in industrial explosives, electromagnetic shielding for electronic parts, and abrasive applications for cleaning and peening metal surfaces.
- Safe – Amorphous, no crystalline silica
- Particle – tight particle size doesn’t affect finish
- Hard – 6 on the Mohs scale, makes coatings tough
- Engineered – Designed particle size distribution, lot-to-lot consistency
- Round – True spheres, “ball bearing” effect
- Environmental - Glass is GRAS and inert
- Smooth – Low surface area per unit volume, not a resin “hog”